Giving to the Rochester Hills Public Library
Our mission at the Rochester Hills Public Library is to provide resources that inform, educate, enlighten, and entertain the people of our community.
Beneath the rich traditions and legacy of Rochester Hills Public Library’s long heritage, lies a quiet but bold aspiration to attain a new level of excellence. Our vision, though continuous with its cherished past, is to become the recognized leader in providing resources to inform, educate, enlighten and entertain the people of our community.
With over 80 years of service to the community, the Library is an essential factor in the quality of life in Rochester, Rochester Hills and Oakland Township. You can help build a brighter future for the library and contribute to a community vision of information and education for future generations.
Through your generosity, facilities are developed and maintained, collections are enhanced and programs are offered to everyone in the community. Your long term gift can help secure the Library and be an important part in moving our mission forward.
Ways You Can Donate
Mail Your Donation
Donating by Mail
We welcome all gifts of any size. You can make a gift in honor or in memory of someone special.Library Endowment Form
- Library Director
- Rochester Hills Public Library
- 500 Olde Town road
- Rochester, MI 48307
Through a planed gift, you, your family and loved ones can benefit from making a gift to the Rochester Hills Public Library. This site provides information that will enable you to support Library in a way that is consistent with your financial and estate planning objectives.
You may want to consider some of the following options. Consult with your legal, tax or financial advisors for the methods that will be more appropriate for your own situation.
- Make an immediate gift and receive an income tax deduction.
- Use bequests to benefit the Library.
You may want to provide for the Library through your will, living trust or other estate-planning document.
- Enjoy guaranteed income for life
You and/or your beneficiaries can receive income for life (or term of years) from Rochester Hills Public Library’s life income plans.
- Transfer wealth to your heirs with tax savings. The charitable lead trust allows you to make a future transfer of assets to heirs with a substantial reduction in estate and gift taxes, while continuing to support the Rochester Hills Public Library during your lifetime.
Bequests, both large and small, have been important to Rochester Hills Public Library since its founding in 1924. A bequest from Eva Parker Woodward was used to build the first library. A second bequest for Grace Curry funded an addition to the first library. The bequest from the estate of Alice Horter went toward books for the children’s collection.
You need a will to direct how your property will be used and distributed after your lifetime. The establishment of a bequest is an easy and convenient way to develop the substantial future support for a collection, program or service that is important to you. A gift to the Rochester Hills Public Library through your will provides several advantages:
- Charitable gifts made through your will are deductible for estate tax purposes.
- A charitable bequest may place your estate in a lower tax bracket.
- You may direct your bequest to a specific department, program or the Library as a whole.
- If you wish to establish a $10,000 endowment fund through your will, you can request that it be named for you or anyone you wish to honor.