RHPL Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Rochester Hills Public Library is in Phase 2: Returning to RHPL. A COVID-19 safety plan has been in place at the library since March 2020. The plan allows the library to move through reopening phases depending on local virus cases and statistics.
- Library hours remain the same.
- Limited seating is available throughout the library.
- Youth Room amenities continue to be limited since children under the age of 12 cannot yet be vaccinated.
- Since children under the age of 12 visit the library, face masks are suggested for those who are unvaccinated.
- Face masks are welcomed but not required. Face masks are suggested for those who are unvaccinated or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. For more on this policy, visit our Code of Conduct policy on Customer Service.
- Computer use is limited as RHPL moves computers out of the lab and into the open floor plan. Please call the library at 248-656-2900 to check on computer availability and use times before arriving at the library.
- Group study rooms are now open and available to reserve online.
- Onboard browsing is available on the Community Bookmobile. Please follow all bookmobile guidelines.
Recently, the library installed touchless faucets in all public restrooms and hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the library.
Placing a hold:
- Request materials ahead of time online or by phone.
- Use your library card to log into your account and place holds on books, DVDs, and other available items.
- To place holds over the phone, call 248-656-2900.
- For more about placing holds, view our video tutorial.
Wait for an email or text notifying you that your holds are ready:
- Please wait for the email or text notification before you visit the library to pick up your held items. They may not be available if you visit before you receive the notification.
- Holds will either be available at the drive-thru window or will be shelved in the library lobby near the Circulation Desk of the library. Check out items using the self-serve checkout kiosks throughout the library. You can choose your holds location online or call 248-656-2900 to have holds moved to another location (Main Library or drive-up).
- Visit your online account at rhpl.org to check the status of your holds and pick-up location.
Picking up held items or checking out materials:
- We encourage you you use the self-serve checkout kiosks throughout the library.
- You may also check out materials at the circulation desk on the first floor.
Returning library materials:
- Return RHPL items at the drive-thru window, the automated return (24/7) next to the drive-thru window, or by using the return slots located in the lobby.
- Due dates and fines are active. RHPL's fines threshold has been extended to $15. At $15 in fines, patrons may not check out materials until fines are paid.
Know before you go:
For more on RHPL"s COVID-19 policy, visit our Code of Conduct policy on Customer Service.
- Laptops bundled with WiFi hotspots can be reserved online or by phone. Items are limited.
- Online printing services are available to patrons who are residents of Rochester, Rochester Hills, or Oakland Twp. Print virtually any document or web page from your Internet-connected PC to one of our library printers. Visit www.rhpl.org/print to learn more.