RHPL Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Beginning November 16, 2020, RHPL is in Phase Four of Its Reopening Plan
The reopening plan is in place to allow the library to respond, as needed, to COVID-19. Due to recent data from Oakland County Health Division (OCHD) and Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS) regarding rising cases of COVID-19 in Oakland County and across Michigan, the library will revert to Phase Four of its reopening plan beginning Monday, Nov. 16.The health and safety of library visitors, staff, and volunteers is our priority. Thank you for your continued support in helping us stay safe to stay open.
In Phase Four:
- Library hours remain the same;
- Building access is limited to Express Pickup & Return either in the south entrance/lobby or drive-thru window;
- Holds are checked-out and ready to go;
- Librarians are available to answer questions by phone or email;
- The community Bookmobile is off the road.
- Patrons are not permitted to enter the library building beyond the entrance/lobby.
- Public restrooms are closed.
Placing a hold:
- Request materials ahead of time online or by phone.
- Use your library card to log into your account and place holds on books, dvds, and other items.
- To place holds over the phone, call (248) 656-2900.
Wait for an email or text notifying you that your holds are ready:
- Do not go to the library for pick up until you receive an email or text notificiation.
- It can take several days for held items to be available and ready for pick up.
- Holds will already be checked-out to you and ready to go. Your lending date begins when the items are checked-out, not when you pick them up.
- Use your online account to check your holds status and pick up location.
Pick up your held items:
- Remember to wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth when entering the library lobby.
- Find your materials, organized by your last name on the shelves in the south entrance/lobby or use the drive-thru window.
- Unclaimed items will be removed from the shelves. You will not be held responsible for them at any point.
Returning library materials:
- You can return RHPL items at the drive-thru window, at our automated return (24/7) or by using the return slots located in the south entrance/lobby.
- Returned items will be placed in quarantine for 96 hours (4 days) before being recirculated.
- Due dates and fines are active. Held items are due from the time they are checked out, not from when they are picked up. Our fines threshold has been extended to $15. At $15 in fines, patrons can not checkout materials until the fine is paid.
Know before you go:
- Face masks covering the nose and mouth are required when in the library building.
- If you do not have a face mask, RHPL will provide one for you. Masks were recently provided by a generous donation from Ford Motor Company.
- Maintain proper distance when in the building entrances and lobby.
- Library WiFi will be extended into the south and west parking lots for use in your car (coming soon).
- Laptops bundled with WiFi hotspots can be reserved online or by phone. Items are limited.